Upper Crypt entrance
You are at the entrance of the Crypt, at the foot of the Crypt stairs,
in a dimly lit anteroom. The main exhibition with its
picture gallery of female martyrs is just a few
- Please watch your step—for there is another, rather steep
flight of stairs nearby that leads downward to a
- and mind your head when you try the
narrow winding stair
behind the pillar to your left.
- A side chapel
on the right side may also be worth a visit.
- A narrow tunnel on the left side leads to the Crypt of the
Church of Sensous (Non-Martyr) Saints.
- Finally, a small passage on the right side leads to an exhibition
of famous punishments from literature.
- If you came here to inquire about a particular martyr, but do not know
her name or where to find her, have a look at the
Of course, you are free to
return to the head of the Crypt stairs.
Frequent visitors might be
interested to see the curator's log file.
Impressum & Privacy statement